List of KY-specific actions (updated daily): https://governor.ky.gov/covid19
Federal Stimulus: The U.S. Senate passed by a 96-0 vote last night a $2.2 trillion economic rescue package. The bill now goes back to the House for a vote expected to take place on Friday and will then go to President Trump for his signature. Click here to read the latest statement from Leader McConnell about the passage of the bill in the Senate.
- Seeking assistance:
- Needing H2A workers: https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2020/03/19/usda-and-dol-announce-information-sharing-assist-h-2a-employers
- Questions about employee benefits:
- Department of Labor:
- Wanting to donate/manufacture supplies:
- KY Chamber: https://www.kychamber.com/news/coronavirus
- Encouraging people to call or file claims online: https://kcc.ky.gov/career/Pages/What%20You%20Need%20To%20Know.aspx.
- If employers are having to lay off workers, they can file for those being laid off. They have also waived the seven day waiting period. Independent contractors, small business owners, substitute teachers, and anyone who has had to leave their job because of quarantine or caring for someone is also eligible.
Please be patient with the Unemployment office as they are being overwhelmed with calls. They are adding employees daily to assist. Please visit the website for information as UI claims will be filed on a specific day based on name moving forward.
If you have over 50 employees and plan to lay off more than 15 of those employees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502-564-2369. The individuals impacted will not have to fill out a claim if this is the case. All the employees will have to do is request payment once processed.
For more information and to file for unemployment please
Talk to your local banker.
They may be able to help small businesses with financial assistance through loan programs that will assist them with their short-term financial needs such as payroll, lease payments, inventory purchases, etc. due to the effects of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). They may even be able to offer payment assistance or deferment on payments.
To read Governor Beshear’s news releases and watch other news regarding COVID-19, go to governor.ky.gov.
- Visit the state’s dedicated website: kycovid19.ky.gov
- Call the COVID-19 Hotline: 1-800-722-5725
Signage for Businesses Staying Open
Remember the state is requesting that all public-facing businesses that are remaining open post the attached signs at all entrances. You can access those signs here.
Initial Phase 3 (CARES Act) Questions:
- the following FAQ document
- Section by Section: https://mcusercontent.com/301a28247b80ab82279e92afb/files/614c9c16-de3e-4a15-99c7-9d520c305058/CARES_Section_by_Section_FINAL.pdf?utm_source=2019+House+GOP+Staff+List&utm_campaign=e9d5ba9c72-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_01_31_08_56_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a8407dc016-e9d5ba9c72-147390337
- Funding Levels: file:///C:/Users/scoffman/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/N9NOIB1I/Coronavirus%20Supplemental%20Appropriations%20Summary_FINAL%20(004).pdf
- Trump “Checks”: https://mcusercontent.com/301a28247b80ab82279e92afb/files/6c0bce43-cd35-4bea-8a98-fbd263c11140/WAMR_doc_Rebates_for_Individuals_in_CARES_3.24.20.pdf?utm_source=2019+House+GOP+Staff+List&utm_campaign=b9f1d595fd-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_01_31_08_56_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a8407dc016-b9f1d595fd-147390337
- Education and Labor: file:///C:/Users/scoffman/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/N9NOIB1I/Phase%203%20CARES%20Act%203.25.20%20(002).pdf
- Small Business:
- Federal Student Aid – 1-800-4-FED-AID
- General federal questions: email COVIDemail@example.com
- General state questions: https://education.ky.gov/districts/SHS/Pages/2019-Novel-Coronavirus.aspx
- FAQs from Federal Student Aid: file:///C:/Users/scoffman/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/N9NOIB1I/Coronavirus%20QAs_collections-garnishments-offsets%20final%20(002).pdf